Senior Director Engineering
Our client, a successful and expanding semiconductor company is looking to recruit an experienced Senior Director Engineering managing a team of 100+ worldwide. This is an opportunity to join a company that has seen considerable growth over the past few years and solid plans to develop further.
The Senior Director Engineering appointment requires a strong technical leader with a broad knowledge of high technology semiconductor or similar operations with emphasis on assembly, packaging and test. Lead and develop a high performance team across a range of disciplines in back end assembly and test operations to deliver world class performance in manufacturing support, yield, process control, quality and new technology/product introduction. Lead and develop a high-performance team that innovates packages and technology that assures manufacturability, cost and performance goals are achieved. Provide technical direction and vision for manufacturing improvement and technology development teams to bring technology/products into manufacturing, with aggressive yield ramp and quality target expectations.
Work closely with Technology development community and Quality to pull new technologies into operations. Across a very broad area of manufacturing provide leadership and direction, to develop industrialization programs and standards suitable for very high-volume manufacturing of semiconductor products.
- Engineering leadership for a wide-ranging organization – including packaging, materials, equipment & technology development, and new product introduction.
- Areas of responsibility will include test, assembly or packaging and work with contract manufacturers, materials suppliers, equipment manufacturers etc.
- Based in manufacturing or Product Development, should expect significant interaction with R&D, product development, supply chain, and other functional groups for purpose of scheduling of programs, development of industrialization strategies and technologies. Work with counterparts on other sites to provide coherent approach across operations.
- Develop key capabilities, (build teams) within manufacturing or Development to facilitate smooth execution of programs across sites and identifying future technology opportunities for low-cost high-volume manufacturing.
- Minimum BS Degree in Electronics, Physics, Mechanical, Optics Engineering or equivalent.
- 10+ years of experience in management of engineering organizations, with strong orientation towards packaging & volume manufacturing operations in a semiconductor or similar environment. Technology development and program management experience also highly desirable.
- Demonstrated capability to lead Engineering team in complex operation across range of specialties to produce sustainable results (eg. In service, cost, yield, performance and project management) in a highly volatile environment.
- Demonstrated capability with both technical and logistical risk assessment & risk mitigation, critical path assessment and contingency planning, “forward vision” issues identification and avoidance planning.
- Proven ability to take decisive action and deliver tangible results in a fast-paced cross-functional organization and highly competitive industry
- Excellent internal and external communication & interpersonal skills; experience developing and delivering executive level & customer presentations
- Vision/Innovative drive to provide solutions - "what does it take?" compared to "is it possible?"
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature, and level, of the work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted, as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required.
We invite interested candidates to write-in with CV in MS Word format to Lee Shiow Chyn, EA 12C6130/ R1112042 [Click Here to Email Your Resume]. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a discussion.
HPS Partners Pte Ltd