Native-speaking English Teachers (NETs) for Primary and Secondary Schools in Hong Kong
The Education Bureau (EDB) of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region cordially invites you to apply for the NET positions in public-sector primary and secondary schools in Hong Kong.
NETs are required to teach English as a second language to Hong Kong students and assist in teacher and curriculum development in public-sector primary schools (for students aged between 6 and 12), secondary schools (for students aged between 12 and 18) and schools for students with Special Educational Needs (SEN).
QUALIFICATIONS FOR APPOINTMENT
Applicants should be native-speakers of English or possess native-speaker English competence and they have to fulfill the qualification requirements under the NET Scheme. For more information and download of application forms, please visit the following webpages:
(A) For primary school NETs : https://www.edb.gov.hk/pnet
(B) For secondary school NETs : https://www.edb.gov.hk/snet
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF APPOINTMENT
- The appointment will be on a two-year contract basis, normally starting in mid-August and ending in mid-August two years later, subject to renewal after expiry.
- Remuneration package:
- Salary from HK$31,750 – HK$61,415 per month (primary)
- Salary from HK$31,750 – HK$73,775 per month (secondary)
- End of contract gratuity for satisfactory performance and conduct
- Retention incentive for satisfactory completion of continuous service in the NET Scheme from third year onwards
Passage, baggage, medical allowances and a special allowance of HK$20,989 per month are provided for eligible appointees whose normal place of residence is established as outside Hong Kong and if he/she or his/her spouse is not receiving any similar benefits.
- The salary and the terms and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the appointee’s qualifications and post-qualification teaching experience and the prevailing conditions at the time the offer of appointment is made.
Successful candidates will be placed into the EDB’s central candidate pool for eligible schools’ selection upon their requests. For details about the NET Scheme including the terms and conditions of appointment, please visit the following webpage: https://www.edb.gov.hk/net
Applicants who choose Singapore as the interview venue please apply through Teaching Nomad, EDB’s recruitment agent, by 19 March 2021. An advisor will contact you with full application information.
Telephone: +1 720-531-6136 (Denver) +86 21-8025-3905 (Shanghai)