The IT Engineer provides support to employees experiencing technical problems and performs troubleshooting, problem diagnosis, resolution, and escalations. Your area of expertise is Microsoft software such as SharePoint and SQL server. Prior experience supporting high profile Helpdesk requests is extremely helpful.
- Responds to requests for technical assistance.
- Diagnoses and resolves technical hardware and software issues where applicable.
- Researches questions using available information resources.
- Advises user on appropriate action.
- Follows standard Helpdesk procedures.
- Logs all Helpdesk interactions.
- Administers Helpdesk software.
- Identifies and escalates situations requiring urgent attention.
- Stays current with system information, changes and updates.
- Excellent knowledge of Windows Operating systems.
- Excellent knowledge of mobile operating systems such as iOS (iPhone, Apple Watch, iTunes) and Android.
- Strong knowledge of mobile applications such as WeChat and Jabber.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Products.
- Active Directory user set-up and security.
- Hardware and software troubleshooting.
- MS Exchange Cmdlets.
- Windows Server 2012 and 2016, a plus.
- Microsoft Office, a plus.
- Network printing, a plus.
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to communicate effectively are required.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Ability to independently research and troubleshoot technical issues.
- Ability to document/update standard operating procedures.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced IT environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to interface and work with varied positions and levels of technical knowledge both within the department and with other departments in the company.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal are required.
- Minimum of 4+ years of IT Helpdesk support experience.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent helpful, but not required.
OmniVision Technologies Singapore Pte Ltd